- Working as a person that sells guns has really made me think that my generation (I am 28 so let's say 30 and under) has, for the majority, forgot what quality is. Seems like people pine over how great a $300 Savage is, and when they look at anything over $1,000, instead of saying how nice it is they question why anyone would possibly buy such a thing.
- I was "informed" that a gentleman's Savage Edge in .308 shot under 1MOA all day long. When I asked him if he was shooting 3 or 5 shot groups he said neither, 2 shot groups are all you need, any more is a waste. It was all I could not do to face palm myself hard enough to break my fucking nose. He should know, as his Axis was his self proclaimed "1,000 yard tack driver".
- Nickel plated Mossberg shotguns attract every sideways hat wearing bro for 500 miles.
- No, .300 Winchester Mag and .300 Weatherby Magnum are not interchangeable.
- Smith and Wesson and Remington are putting out some pretty shitty products right now. Remingtons with rust out of the box, chambers and rifling that looks like they were done by Micheal J. Fox with a chisel, and more tooling marks than a Darra Market gun are common with Remington. Smith and Wesson has put out quite a few M&P 9's with magazines that do not drop free, along with my friend Martin's M&P 15-22 with disconnector issues. His rifle is at Smith and Wesson for the second time, so we shall see if they actually fix it or not.
- I have finally reached the point where I think all of my future bolt action rifles will be Sako. It will hurt to purchase them, but I am to the point where in my life I just want a few really nice rifles. Fortunately I am raking in the money from this website (averaging around $1.15 per month), so that will be able to offset the cost significantly.
- The shit people do to guns really makes you lose faith in humanity. Put down the dremel and beer, and go fuck something else up.
Today, as I sat down to write, I found my mind could not focus. I found myself going off on random tangents like a lemur on bath salts, so what the hell, why not start posting some truly Random Gun Stuff? Maybe sometime in the near future I will expand upon one or more of these topics.