- The sites are great up close. Very fast and easy to use. At distance, they suck, plain and simple. Yesterday I shot it at 25 yards, and managed to keep all 17 rounds in the 6 ring of a silhouette target. I then transitioned to my STI Tactical 5.0 and managed to put all 14 rounds within the 9 ring. For distance work, the sites are just too big and imprecise for distance work. I plan on replacing them with Trijicon Night Sites as soon as I can.
- The grip definitely needs more aggressive texturing. The pistol is a bit slippery in the hand. I may add some grip tape to the front and rear soon to see how much better that works out.
- This thing is stupid fast. Practically no muzzle rise, and it goes right back on target. Doing some drills yesterday I was able to shoot hammers (two rapidly fired rounds without much site acquisition) within 2 inches of each other, between 3-10 yards.
- The trigger reset could be a little more firm. I could feel it, but it does not reset as tactile as a trigger on a Glock or 1911. The reset is still better than that of a stock Smith and Wesson M&P. But, quite frankly there is no trigger reset on a stock M&P
- The extraction got a bit sporadic. I had some casings eject to the left, which really slowed down my splits, as it baffled me, but it keeps on trucking along, and remains reliable. I plan on emailing Steyr about the new style extractor just to be on the safe side.
So far, I really like this thing. It is easy to carry, and shoots great. Hopefully I will be getting some more rounds downrange with it shortly, possibly with a new extractor.